I try to write down one thing every morning in my journal to motivate me for the rest of the day. Sometimes they’re random thoughts, and sometimes they’re not motivational at all. However, they do help me relax in the morning.
Here are some that I wrote this week:
1. Sometimes mom are trying to tell you something, even if they don’t know it. If they can’t remember the name of someone they’ve met in your life and refer to them as “pajama pants” or a random name, maybe they shouldn’t be in your life. Moms tend to know best.
2. I’ve heard all of my life that it’s better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I never grasped this until I became an adult, but I still don’t fully grasp it. I’ve had my heart broken and people have walked out of my life, but I’ve never stopped loving something. I’ve never lost love fully. I don’t think it’s possible to never know what love feels like. Whether we love our children, significant others, or a slice of pizza, we love something to some degree at all times. I can’t speak on everyone’s behalf of course, but I’ve never met anyone who didn’t love pizza or a hug from a good friend.
3. I read that there are many wolves to wander away from their packs. Some search for a new pack, and some just run. I myself have wandered a few times just for the sake of running. I always find myself back in the warmth of my home pack though.
4. Sometimes you have to make the decision to anchor yourself no matter what. If that means your anchor scrapes the bottom of the ocean floor in order to find something to hold onto, so be it. Sometimes we have to cast anchor for a bit to collect ourselves so we can finally sail on.
5. It’s potentially crazy how often I think about randomly ridiculous things. I’ll pass a window and think to myself, “What if a mariachi band of cats randomly appeared?” As soon as I start to think it’s ridiculous I start to remember that many people don’t think enough. Maybe we need more of the right kinds of ridiculous in this world.