Apparently, this is the week of favorites posts on my blog.
I love talking about my favorite things. Because, well, they’re my favorites, and by default make me feel happy.
So, welcome to this week’s Favorites Friday post! As usual, there will be some beauty and some non beauty related things.
Comment with some of your favorite things for the week as well!
1. Favorite Mom Moment: I can’t help but share two photos of this sweet sister moment. Most mornings I wake up and nurse Piper and we play for a bit before Harmony wakes up, but Sunday morning Harmony woke up early and wanted to come and snuggle with us. I absolutely adore and cherish moments like these. Harmony and Piper have a very healthy and loving relationship. I know that some may be thinking “for now” but if I could explain it, I would, but there’s something different there. There’s a different level of adoration that truly touches my soul when I watch them interact. I only had brothers, so maybe that’s my own envy coming out a bit. I always wanted a sister, and I’m happy that they have each other.
2. Favorite Find: I went thrifting for a bit with the girls and we ended up finding a few goodies! I love thrift stores because I like to use plates and glass things as props for makeup and lifestyle photos. However, I was rummaging through the stuffed animal bin looking for Hello Kitty dolls (as usual) and found a Princess Diana bear…with tags! She was so pretty, I had to have her. I also snagged some really cheap film for my Nikon and a camera lens coffee mug for $1. Did anyone else collect beanie babies growing up?
3. On my Nails: I recently tried this nail polish brand after seeing yougwildandpolished (look her up on youtube. I love her) raving about this over and over, and I adore them! They’re super affordable at $3 each, and there are so many colors! That and I love the packaging. I’m a sucker for polka dots. The grey color (mauvie night) is probably my favorite so far. It’s perfect. The fast drying top coat drops are also incredible and actually work! I put a drop on each finger and it spares me the grief of having to stand and wave my hands around in an attempt to dry my nails faster. #momproblems
4. Other favorite find: If it isn’t apparent by now, I collect coffee mugs. I really really wanted the heart mug from Starbucks, but this one is quite cute as well. I’m still searching for the other cute Starbucks mugs though. *Liam Neeson voice* I will find them, and I will buy them.
5. Makeup Favorites: For blush, I’ve been wearing the City Color Cosmetics baked blush in “rose” literally everyday applied with my Luxie angled brush. It just gives me a very Snow White flushed cheek against my pale skin with a touch of highlight. Because I’m all about that glow. I went on another Kmart clearance trip, and snagged a Physicians Formula Nude Wear highlighter for $3! It’s a super pretty highlight. Physicians Formula highlighters have never let me down. On my lips has been “Rose Femme” by Milani. It’s a super pretty rosey-brown shade. I’ve seen swatches of it compared next to Mac’s “Twig” but I don’t own it so I wouldn’t know. I just know it’s an amazing shade! Can you tell I’ve been all about roses this week? I’m ready for Spring.
6. Favorite Pet Moment: I went to Trader Joe’s and left the big bags in our floor, and I found Sailor in one playing peek-a-cat with herself. I haven’t had the heart to throw the bag away because she loves it so much.
As usual, thank you for reading, and I hope you are all having lovely days!
Happy Friday, beauties.