I have had a bittersweet relationship with Ipsy at times, but lately I have been pretty impressed with their bags, so today I wanted to share what I received in my March 2015 bag.
If you don’t know what Ipsy is, it’s a beauty subscription that costs $10 a month and they send you 4-5 full sized or deluxe sample sized makeup/skincare/hair products. I’ve been subscribed to them for over two years now, minus the few months I got too upset with them and cancelled.
I went back to them. I just feel that they are the best subscription I’ve come across that doesn’t cost $20+ dollars. I love trying things out, and I have discovered some incredible products through Ipsy.
This month’s theme was “Floral Fantasy” because yes…Spring is in the air. Can you smell it? Don’t sniff too hard, you may end up sneezing #allergyproblems. I think the bag for this month is probably one of my favorites of all time. It’s super cute. I use these bags for everything. Snacks, makeup, diaper bag nessecities, you name it.
Moving on, here’s what was in my bag this month:
1. Nyx Butter Lipstick in “Hunk” I was honestly so so excited when I saw this product in my glam room! I already own a few of the butter lipsticks, and I adore the formula! They’re very creamy and pigmented. I think this color is right up my alley. It’s not too bright, yet it’s still a very Spring type of color.
2. Dr. Brandt Pores No More Mattifying Lotion So, this is one of the items in my bag that I don’t quite understand why I got it. I retook my quiz which clearly states that I have very dry skin…so why send me a mattifying lotion? My skin does get a bit more oily in spring and summer though, so I may end up using it. I’ll at least try it despite scratching my head a bit over why I got this.
3. Boo-Boo Cover Up Okay, I was so excited to get this until I read the shade. I got the shade “medium” and that’s not my shade whatsoever? The product itself looks so awesome, so I’m really sad that chances are I’ll have to pass it on to someone and not even try it.
What’s the point in having a beauty quiz if you’re going to send me products that aren’t my skin tone?
A Confused Ipster
4. Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Illuminating Face Highliter This is probably the product I was most excited about getting this month. I’m a highlighter addict. This highlighter is a super gorgeous pink, and even though I’m a bit too fair skinned to pull off pink highlighters, I’m going to use it as a blush topper. It could also be a gorgeous eyeshadow. I’ll find a purpose for it. It’s too pretty not to use.
5. Pur-lisse Gentle Soymilk Cleanser and Makeup Remover I have gotten a few pur-lisse products in the past, namely their very expensive moisturizer. I had about 3 of the samples saved up and I finally finished them all off a few weeks back. I really loved the moisturizer, so I’m excited to try this cleanser out.
That was everything I got in my Ipsy bag this month. If you’re subscribed, what did you get?
As always, thanks for reading and stopping by! If you want to keep up with my reviews and such, you’re always welcome to sign up for emails or follow me on social media!