It’s time to see what’s in the first Ipsy bag of the year, woooo! This month’s theme is “All Eyes on You” and I’m not too sure why the bag is so bright. It’s still Winter…sometimes. It’s not always Winter in Tennessee right now. It’s cold one day and chilly the next. I have a feeling this season will be easy or we’re going to be buried in snow next month.
Anyway, if you’re unfamiliar with Ipsy they’re a monthly beauty subscription that costs $10 per month. Typically everyone receives 4-5 full sized or sample sized items. Some are drugstore items and some are high end. I have personally been subscribed for over 2 years now, but I had a 1 month break. Yeah, I’m weak when it comes to beauty subscriptions. If you’re interested in seeing what I got and my thoughts for this month, just keep reading.
- Hanalei Sugar Lip Scrub: I went to the Hanalei brand site, and this retails for $20, but I’m not sure if the one in my Ipsy bag is a full sized or deluxe sample size. Either way, this has a lot of product in it! I love lip scrubs, and I use the frequently. This one feels really soothing and tastes great. I’m also happy to say that this brand is cruelty and paraben free!
- Burt’s Bees cleansing oil: I love Burt’s Bees to begin with, and I’m pretty excited to try this cleansing oils. I personally like using oils on my skin because I feel it hydrates my face, and Burt’s Bees is a brand that I already trust to be on my face. Wait…you know what I mean.
- Skone Cosmetics Smudger Brush: I feel like I’ve gotten a few things from this brand before that I didn’t like, but I can’t recall off the top of my head. This brush retails at $15, and is pretty small. Skone is also cruelty free. I still haven’t decided what exactly I will use this brush for, but it is really small and seems like it would make a great precision brush for cut crease looks or for blending shades on the outer part of the eye.
- The Balm Mr. Write Now Eyeliner “Bourdeaux:” This is the one thing I was so excited for this month. You all know how much I love The Balm and their eye products. This liner retails for $17, and I’m stoked I got the plummy brown shade and not the gold shade that was also being sent out. Gold just isn’t my shade, but this one is. I can’t wait to include this in some future looks!
- Pixi Mesmerizing Mineral Duo ‘Lavender Bloom:” This cute little duo retails at $6. Pixi is one of my favorite cruelty free drugstore brands, but they can be on the pricier side so getting samples from them through Ipsy is always fun. I am so impressed with this duo. I haven’t worn them on my eyes yet, but they felt so nice when I swatched them. They felt very smooth and promising.
Overall thoughts: I am very pleased with this month’s bag! I feel it was a high value bag filled with brands and products that I love and will use. Personally, I love getting brushes and lip care products because it’s one less thing I need to to buy, which means more money for lipstick. Or coffee. It’s been coffee lately.
If you’re interested in signing up I do have a referral link: https://www.ipsy.com/new?refer=1qkf
If you’re subscribed to Ipsy, what were your thoughts on this month’s bag? I’ve seen a lot of love, and I’ve seen some negative thoughts, but I’m interested in all of your thoughts. Or just comment with whatever you’re feeling. I just like to talk.
I hope you all enjoyed this post. I should be getting my Lip Monthly bag soon, so be on the lookout for that post! If you’re not signed up for emails or following me, make sure to do so if you want! It’s free 🙂
As always, thanks for reading, and I hope you’re all having wonderful days!
Stalk and talk to me: