I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the Lovely Jessica at http://www.jessicakg.com (twitter is @jessicaKGxx) Thank you, Jessica!
I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the Lovely Jessica at http://www.jessicakg.com (twitter is @jessicaKGxx) Thank you, Jessica!
Spring is obviously here for many of us, but if you live somewhere humid as snot *raises hand* it already feels like Summer. Not gonna lie, I’m not a huge fan of Summer. If I didn’t have kids, I probably wouldn’t go outside much. I hate feeling like I’m melting.
When I do go out, I typically wear a BB cream as my main base with a tiny bit of powder on top. Full coverage foundations in The South probably aren’t gonna look cute in June and July no matter how much Urban Decay All Nighter you use..or at least for me. If you can wear full coverage in the Summer I envy you so very much. The humidity just makes it impossible for me to wear.
What is a BB cream? Some people say it stands for “beauty balm” and I’ve seen others say “blemish balm” but it’s a bit of an “all in one” type of product that covers and protects your skin, while also giving added benefits of SPF, hydration, etc. Some people wear these alone and some wear them underneath their foundations. It really depends on your preference and what you’re going for with your base.
So, today I want to talk about a few BB Creams that I have tried out over the past year and my thoughts on each. I’m going to rate these on a scale of 1-5 based on coverage, price, finish, lasting power, and overall skin benefits.
NYC BB Matte BB Cream- Score- 3/5
I do like this bb cream since it is very decently priced, and surprisingly the “light” shade from this line is more of a color match for me than any other bb cream in this post. However, it just doesn’t set right on my skin at all. I have tried exfoliating, a serum, brush, sponge…everything. It will look great when I first put it on and then when I look at myself an hour later I have granny face. It gives me wrinkles and I don’t even have wrinkles! It also doesn’t have spf or anything, and that’s not gonna cut it for this ghost girl in the spring time. I’m giving it a 3 because even though it doesn’t work for me, it would probably work great for someone with fair and oilier skin than me! It’s also the cheapest cream in this post, and is about $3 at most drugstores that carry NYC.
Lioele BB Cream- Score 4/5
I have done a review on this bb cream in the past, but I recently came back to it and I really like it. It’s thick, but I can still put it on with my fingers and get even coverage. The color match isn’t great for me, but it does mix very well with my Hard Candy Glamoflauge foundation (930 porcelain). The price is probably not ideal for many, but I did snag this on sale on prettyandcute.com awhile back, and I know that it’s also sold on amazon and ladymoss.com. I don’t believe this one has spf either. I want to say this foundation is about $15-20, but it depends on where you’re buying it from in some cases. There’s no SPF in this BB cream, but it is very hydrating and lays well on the skin. This BB cream is a great one that I will probably continue to reach for and just wear SPF underneath it.
Rimmel Matte BB Cream- Score 4/5
This BB cream is actually one that I reach for often even though I have dry skin and tend to avoid matte finishes. It has a really nice buildable medium coverage and has SPF in it. That makes it not very photo-op worthy, but it is good for your skin and will protect you from the sun. This is very affordable and readily available to many since it’s a drugstore BB cream. It doesn’t get a 5 though because the shade “light” is so off. I can easily correct it with my hard candy glamoflauge foundation or manic panic foundation, but it is annoying. This BB cream also claims to be beneficial to skin in 9 different ways, and it’s one that I do recommend trying if you’re looking for an affordable drugstore BB cream.
LA Girl Pro BB Cream- Score 4/5
This is the newest BB cream I’ve been trying out because Nicole from young, wild, and polished recommended it to me in a comment I left on one of her videos. At $4 I figured it was worth a shot. I have the shade “fair” which is a better match for me than the Rimmel, but still pretty dark on me. However, the finish is really lovely and leaves a nice satin-but-not-too-dewy glow to my skin. I didn’t give this a 5 because there’s no SPF, but because it’s HD it will work really well if you vlog like myself and don’t want to wear a heavy foundation on camera in the Spring and Summer. Also, this BB cream is a bit high maintenance for me some days. I feel like I have to powder my face more than usual (which is odd to begin with me, I almost never need powder) but when it’s a bit more humid than usual I feel this BB cream tends to slip a bit on my skin. So, if you have oily skin this may not be the best for you, but it’s still worth a shot given LA Girl is so affordable.
So, that was it for the BB creams I currently have in my stash. As you all can see, none received a perfect score, but none are very poor either in my opinion. Or maybe I just try to see the good in everything…who knows.
What are some of your favorite BB creams? I know that one I may end up biting the bullet and buying is the It Cosmetics CC cream because from what I can see the “fair” shade is actually made for those with fair skin and the coverage and finish looks stunning on everyone I’ve seen it on. I know it’s not a “BB” cream, but close enough to me.
I hope you all enjoyed this post, and I hope to add some more posts about random things in my stash in the future!
If this is your first time visiting…hi! I hope you decide to stay a bit. It’s free to sign up for emails! It’s also free to follow me on social media, which is me hinting at everyone to check out my other pages:
Have a great day, beauties.
I don’t talk about my personal life on my blog often, but let’s just say the past few weeks have been…hectic. Jeremy has been at work almost every day for weeks straight and sometimes working double shifts. It’s taken a toll on all of us, so when Jeremy said he has two days off (finally) we jumped at the chance to take the girls out and have some fun.
We chose the aquarium. We live really close to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg in Tennessee. I love that the mountains are basically in my backyard! It’s been so long since I’ve seen them in all their glory. It was so refreshing to get out and just have some fun and forget about life problems for a day.
Okay, so Harmony and I were completely enchanted with these things. They were called “brainless bulbs” but look at how beautiful they are?!? I have no idea why they were so fascinating.
Harmony adored the penguins. They’re pretty lovable and this little guy was a ham.
So, I really love Noel the penguin. Noel just seems so happy, yet so sleepy.
…but then at the end of the day I realized I am more like Frank the penguin. I need a nap.
I hope you all enjoyed this quick post and look into our day today!
I’m off to drink a glass (probably 3) of the wine we got in Gatlinburg.
I hope you are all having amazing nights, and I will be back tomorrow with another post!
I know that today I usually post a “Friday Favorites” post, but if I’m being honest I haven’t done much this week. I’ve tried a few new things here and there, but I’ve been feeling kind of down this week and haven’t slept well. I am feeling a bit better, so I do want to share some photos I’ve taken this week as well as some thoughts.
Don’t let anyone dull your shimmer. I read so often posts about the great “debate” of makeup and it’s need, and rarely about those that truly want to wear makeup. Are there things about myself that I don’t always love and want to cover up? Yes. Is about 85% of my makeup routine for fun and because I want to wear it? Yes. Trust me, I don’t own blue lipstick because I feel that it’s aesthetically pleasing to others. It makes me look oxygen deprived, and I like that.
The beauty of makeup is that it washes off at the end of the day. It’s a bit harder to wash away a bad attitude though.
Don’t bring others down because you feel mightier than me. If you feel empowered and happy with not wearing makeup or wearing the bare minimum, that’s awesome. I truly feel happy for you. However, don’t think that trying to bring me and others down will want to make me like you. Honestly, it does the opposite. It makes me feel more empowered by my love for colors and glitter. My face is my everyday canvas. Love yourself, and also love others.
Self love and positivity is a life long struggle, don’t make it harder by bringing others down. Empower others. Compliment others. Enlighten yourself.
I have found so much love and kindness in the blogging community over the past few months that I have decided to blog more often. It definitely outweighs the negativity that I do find on blog sites, instagram, youtube etc. And for that, I thank you all. I thank those that follow me and comment on my posts often. You all brighten my day, and have made my road to love myself and others more way more luminous.
I read a woman say once that finding one thing everyday about yourself that you love will really help on the road to positivity.
It’s something that I’ve been challenging myself to do recently.
I wake up and find one thing that I love about myself since the list of things I dislike is pretty long and burned into my mind already.
The idea is that soon, the list of things I love about myself will outweigh the things I hate about my appearance.
I not only want to do this for my outward appearance, but for my inner appearance as well.
To constantly change and learn. To know better and do better. To make a difference in the world so that everyone can eventually feel safe in being who they are.
That’s about it for today, I believe.
I hope you all enjoyed this post, or at least found something you enjoyed about it.
If you want, comment down below and tell me 2 things you love about yourself. It can be your laugh, your hair, eyes..whatever. It doesn’t have to be appearance related. Just love yourself a little today. You deserve it.
I’m trying to do more “face of the day” posts because I really love posting these! If you also love them, let me know and I’ll try to post them more often.
Anyway, I’ve been rotating products and trying out a few things. I wanted to do something simple, yet bright and flirty.
I used a few of the new colourpop shadows. “Acorn” is on my lid (beautiful pearly cream colored shade) and “snapdragon” is on my lower lash line. I used a few shades from my Lorac skinny nude palette (swatches coming on Saturday) and I’m wearing ardell lashes in 120
On my face I wanted something light so I went with the NYC matte bb cream. I actually like this bb cream, but I did mix a little bit of my Becca shimmering skin perfector and manic panic dreamtone to shade match and give me a glow.
I recently ordered the new “porcelain” shade of concealer by la girl…and so far I’m in love! It actually matches my ghostly pale skin. I contoured a bit with my Nyx blush in “taupe” and put a bit of “tea rose” by Milani on my cheeks as blush. I did use “Bella chiffon” as a highlight on my cheeks and it’s actually a cool highlighter! I love makeup with multiple purposes.
On my lips is a Nyx butter lipstick in “pops” topped with a bit of the “creme brûlée” butter gloss.
I’ve also been testing out the new tame and frame brow pomade by Nyx and comparing it to my Anastasia one, so be on the lookout for that coming up!
I hope you all enjoyed this quick and simple face today! As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you all are having awesome days!
Today I want to talk about my favorite thing…lipstick! I’m always down to talk about lipstick, but more specificially, liquid lipsticks. They seem to be talked about everywhere at the moment. I own quite a few different brands myself. Honestly, I’m addicted to liquid lipsticks. I love trying out new brands and seeing their color ranges. Is it a problem? Maybe. Am I gonna stop? Never.
I like liquid lipsticks because they are just easier to me. If they’re long lasting and easy to apply, I can put them on and still look glamorous without having to worry about lipstick being all over my teeth 5 minutes later.
Jeffree Star has released his own line of liquid lipsticks, and they are blowing up instagram! When I saw that he was releasing a bundle that included a true red, a deep red, and a nude…I almost died. I knew they would sell out quickly (less than an hour later, to be precise) so I stayed up and painlessly snagged my bundle at 3 am est. Honestly, that was the least painful makeup release I have ever endured. The site didn’t crash, I didn’t get my shit stolen out of my cart…or my bank account *COUGH LIME CRIME* So, thumbs up for that.
I wanted to do this review mainly because these shades will be available again next month. So, if you’re on the fence about whether or not to buy these and need a bit more insight, you’re in the right place.
Jeffree Star’s Velour Liquid Lipsticks are vegan and cruelty free. They are also $18 a piece, but the bundle I purchased was $46, so it was discounted a bit.
Packaging: Lush. It’s so cute. I love the fat tubes, honestly. They’re so bold, yet sleek in their own way. Different than many other lipstick packages I’ve seen lately.
Application: These come with a doe foot applicator, but I did notice that the brush has a bit of movement to it. I like that. I like that I can easily maneuver the brush in tight spots and get the most crisp line possible.
Formula: This formula is incredible. It’s probably my new all time favorite liquid lipstick formula. It’s so light on the lips, it feels like I’m wearing nothing. It’s not too drying, yet this formula is super matte. It’s rare to find a liquid lipstick that’s super matte, yet not super drying at the same time. It almost feels like velvet.
Color Payoff: Freakin’ intense. These are very opaque. Even the nude “Celebrity Skin” is very opaque, which is different for me considering my natural lip color tends to throw most nude shades off a bit.
Longevity: Ya may want to sit down for this, but these are truly everything proof. I have said with LaSplash’s lipsticks that they can get crumbly after a bit, and most do, but Jeffree Star’s do not. They are truly kiss proof. Yes, I used my boyfriend for lipstick research. Kiss your boos in this lipstick it won’t budge.
Overall Thoughts: It’s probably obvious at this point that I’m legitimately #obsessed with this line of liquid lipsticks. I didn’t order the two newest pastel shades, because pastel shades on pasty skin just isn’t my thing. I love my nudes and reds, which is why I ordered this bundle back in February. I believe this bundle (or at least the colors in the bundle) will be restocked in April! So, if you missed out on these, you will get another chance to order these soon. I really do love this line, and I hope that Jeffree Star’s cosmetic line continues to soar and expand, especially if everything will be this high quality.
Here are some photos and swatches of the bundle:
As always, thank you for reading! I hope you all found this review helpful in some way.
If you’re new to my blog, please stick around! I post reviews and other makeup fun topics often!
Hello, beautiful people!
This plain box arrived at my doorstep last week. What’s in it? Well, if you’re as nosy as I can be at times, I’m about to explain 😉
I have mentioned the Walmart Beauty Box before, it’s just a box you can sign up for on walmart.com and it’s actually free, you just pay for shipping ($5). It arrives every season (every 3 months) and it just has cute little samples in it. I actually quite like this subscription box. They always come with coupons, and honestly coupons are sometimes better than samples. At least with coupons I can pick out what I want and what will fit me best, and get it cheaper.
These were the biggest things in the box. I received a sample of a Dove body wash, which I actually love Dove body wash. A sample sized shampoo and conditioner set. This says it’s for “dry and depleted hair” which I kinda have thanks to years of dying it, so I will actually be trying that instead of forgetting about them like I tend to do.
There’s a baby sample of a neutrogena facial wash. I actually don’t like neutrogena face washes very much, I think they dry my skin out too much. I also got a sample perfume (with a sprayer!) of a Lady Gaga perfume. Here’s to hoping it smells eccentric and lavish.
The only full sized makeup item this time seems to be this Rimmel lash accelerator mascara. I’m always on the hunt for a good mascara, so I will for sure be trying this out once I use up my other mascaras.
Next thing I noticed…foil packets and coupons galore.
I imagined Oprah packing these boxes shouting, “Here’s a foil packet for you! And you! And you! EVERYONE GETS FOIL PACKETS!”
I have no problem with foil packets, I just don’t use them. However, I have been wanting to try the new Maybelline foundation. I don’t think that’s my shade, but I will try it anyway. The garnier sleep cream seems really cool too.
Oh look…more coupons and foil packets.
In all, there were $14 worth of coupons in my box! Plus the full sized mascara and other samples, this box was a pretty high value.
I enjoy this beauty box, and because it only arrives every 3 months I kinda forget about it and then it’s like Christmas when I do get it!
Maybe I just have a bad memory…
If there’s anything in this post that would like to see a review on, please let me know!
As always, thank you for reading and I hope you stick around for a bit!
If this your first time stopping by my blog, I hope you decide to stay for a bit!
Ah, Spring is officially here! The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming, and I am wheezing!
No really, Spring is my worst season of the year in terms of allergies and asthma. Hold your inhalers in the air if you feel me on this one.
Pre-kids I enjoyed Winter because I didn’t mind being alone and inside all of the time. Post-kids I am itching for Spring to be here so we can get the hell outside before we start ripping each others hair out.
So, today I just want to share some pretty pictures and things about what makes me happy about Spring.
1. Glosses. I don’t know what it is about Spring and Summer, but I am all about glosses during these seasons. Anyone else like that? I think it’s because I am out and about a lot and lip gloss is just easier, yet it has the power to pull a look together. I don’t have to sit and line my lips and conceal for 5 minutes like I do with most lipsticks. I plan on giving my butter and elixir glosses some love this Spring. I’m trying to use what I have and buy less. Key word: trying.
2. Bright Cheeks! Honestly, I rock a bright cheek all year around, but Spring is when I actually love to play with pinks and corals. Some of my favorites are the City Color Cosmetics blush quad, the Rose duo from BH Cosmetics, and Pearlescent Pink by Wet n Wild. Are you all seeing my obsession with roses and all things rose related yet?
3. Dewy Skin. My skin is less dry in Spring so I can actually make my skin look a little dewy and glowy! It excites me, don’t judge me. I love the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and the Loreal Magic Lumi I am trying to use up because I actually like the Bourjois one more. The Bourjois healthy mix serum gives me of a satin matte finish, and it smells so much better.
4. More skin fun. It’s apparent at this point that I am the shade of paper. I used to try to tan and such, but as of 5 years ago I decided to stop it all together and be okay with my skin color. I do sun protect even on cloudy, rainy days in the Spring and Summer. I love this Yes To lotion because it’s thick and doesn’t break me out, and it has spf 30. I’ve also been loving the Pixi glow mist underneath and on top of my makeup. It gives a very healthy glow and feels nice on my skin. My only beef is the sprayer moves a lot and I’m clumsy and miss my face sometimes, thus wasting product.
5. Bright(ish) nails! Raspberries and neutrals and sometimes lavender is about as adventurous as I get with my nails. You’re judging me, aren’t you? I like my box. My box is safe. My box is gray and cold. Some of my favorite nail polish brands include elf, essie, and wet n wild.
6. Spring Cleaning and rediscoveries! I really need to go through my palettes and rotate them out and dust a few off and show them some love. I have been trying out so many new products that I have kind of pushed aside some other goodies that I truly do love, namely my Naked palette. I used to use that precious palette everyday. Everyday. Now, with every other neutral palette in existence I haven’t shown the original heartbreaker any of my attention.
Gah, I talk about palettes like they’re children. Maybe I should rotate my children out too and clean them…
I need to also give my Dark Rose palette some attention because I truly do love it, and I think it may become a staple for me for Spring looks for that “pop of color.” The colors in this palette work together in weird and mysterious ways. I need to unlock it’s magic.
There I go again about palettes…
Anyway those are some things that make me happy about Spring, beauty wise. Life wise I can’t wait to get out and take both my daughters to parks and hear their giggles. I also need to do a huge de-clutter in my life and around my house and just get rid of things.
What are some things that make you happy about Spring, if anything?
As always, thanks for stopping by and reading and I hope you are all having lovely days! Please sign up for email notifications or follow me on here to see more from me if you like me!
Youtube- Luna Faye Beauty
YES! THE WEEKEND IS ALMOST HERE!
I’m not going to lie, I’ve had a rough week. I have a teething baby and I’m recovering from an intense stomach bug. Someone dear to me also passed away this week, but I know he would want me to keep doing what I love even though I am sad, so here I am. I love blogging. I really and truly do. Not for money or anything, because it’s probably obvious that I don’t make money from this. I’ve loved makeup and art since I was 2. My very first memories are of me drawing on my mom with eyeliner and singing my little heart out all the time. Creating is my passion. I’ve created music, makeup looks, babies, paintings…this is who I am, and this is what makes me happy.
You all make me so happy. I just wanted to say that this week.
I will never stop creating. I will never stop singing.
Here are some of my favorite moments and things for the week, I hope you all enjoy!
1. Favorite Piper Moment Okay, so every time I look at this picture I bust out laughing. We went to Jeremy’s grandparents house last week because it was his grandma’s birthday, and Grandma Patsy made some us a good southern dinner. I’m talking rolls, potatoes, green beans, cabbage, fried okra…the works. I gave Piper some mashed potatoes and green beans and I have never seen a baby shove food in their mouth the way Piper did. This was her face afterwards. It screams:
“I’ve made a mistake. I misjudged my own stomach. Too full.”
Let’s just say we all had an amazing family nap once we got home.
2. So, I got an email from Kat Von D’s Beauty Page saying that the website had been updated. I was scrolling through it looking at all the new photos…and look at how I found! ME! I’m honestly so excited, and I don’t care if anyone finds that to be odd. Kat Von D is one of my beauty inspirations, and this was such a cool moment for me. My review of the Innerstellar palette can be found here for anyone interested.
I’ve also rediscovered my love for Too Faced Melted Lipstick in “Fig.” It’s the perfect neutral plum color. I die over it. I’ve been using elf smudge pots all week to prime my eyes. They are so perfect! If you’re looking for a cruelty free dupe of the maybelline color tattoos, pick up a few elf smudge pots. They’re also half the price!
4. Favorite Jewelry piece The Ghost Milk necklace from Worship 13. It’s so gorgeous, and it actually shifts color in different lighting. I can’t get over how perfect it is. I’ve mentioned Worship 13 several times before, but I really love her shop. Her items are so well put together and beautiful.
5. Favorite Shirt I love Pink Floyd. I picked this shirt up at Kohl’s for $2 a few weeks ago, and it’s so comfy. It’s a Men’s shirt, technically, but I don’t give a damn. It’s a woman’s big baggy badass shirt now. I live in band tees and shorts/skirts in the spring and summer.
On my lips: Lasplash “Lady” topped with Milani’s “Florence” Fierced Foil Gloss
Those are the favorites I wanted to share with you all this week! I will see you all again next Friday with more favorites!
Please subscribe/sign up for emails or follow me wherever if you enjoy my posts.
I have had a bittersweet relationship with Ipsy at times, but lately I have been pretty impressed with their bags, so today I wanted to share what I received in my March 2015 bag.
If you don’t know what Ipsy is, it’s a beauty subscription that costs $10 a month and they send you 4-5 full sized or deluxe sample sized makeup/skincare/hair products. I’ve been subscribed to them for over two years now, minus the few months I got too upset with them and cancelled.
I went back to them. I just feel that they are the best subscription I’ve come across that doesn’t cost $20+ dollars. I love trying things out, and I have discovered some incredible products through Ipsy.
This month’s theme was “Floral Fantasy” because yes…Spring is in the air. Can you smell it? Don’t sniff too hard, you may end up sneezing #allergyproblems. I think the bag for this month is probably one of my favorites of all time. It’s super cute. I use these bags for everything. Snacks, makeup, diaper bag nessecities, you name it.
Moving on, here’s what was in my bag this month:
1. Nyx Butter Lipstick in “Hunk” I was honestly so so excited when I saw this product in my glam room! I already own a few of the butter lipsticks, and I adore the formula! They’re very creamy and pigmented. I think this color is right up my alley. It’s not too bright, yet it’s still a very Spring type of color.
2. Dr. Brandt Pores No More Mattifying Lotion So, this is one of the items in my bag that I don’t quite understand why I got it. I retook my quiz which clearly states that I have very dry skin…so why send me a mattifying lotion? My skin does get a bit more oily in spring and summer though, so I may end up using it. I’ll at least try it despite scratching my head a bit over why I got this.
3. Boo-Boo Cover Up Okay, I was so excited to get this until I read the shade. I got the shade “medium” and that’s not my shade whatsoever? The product itself looks so awesome, so I’m really sad that chances are I’ll have to pass it on to someone and not even try it.
What’s the point in having a beauty quiz if you’re going to send me products that aren’t my skin tone?
A Confused Ipster
4. Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Illuminating Face Highliter This is probably the product I was most excited about getting this month. I’m a highlighter addict. This highlighter is a super gorgeous pink, and even though I’m a bit too fair skinned to pull off pink highlighters, I’m going to use it as a blush topper. It could also be a gorgeous eyeshadow. I’ll find a purpose for it. It’s too pretty not to use.
5. Pur-lisse Gentle Soymilk Cleanser and Makeup Remover I have gotten a few pur-lisse products in the past, namely their very expensive moisturizer. I had about 3 of the samples saved up and I finally finished them all off a few weeks back. I really loved the moisturizer, so I’m excited to try this cleanser out.
That was everything I got in my Ipsy bag this month. If you’re subscribed, what did you get?
As always, thanks for reading and stopping by! If you want to keep up with my reviews and such, you’re always welcome to sign up for emails or follow me on social media!