Is everyone staying cool as we march into Summer? Personally, I stay inside a lot during the Summer. I can’t stand the heat. The sweating and burns…it’s just not my idea of fun. I think I will just chill out until Fall arrives.
Anyway, it’s that time of the month where foiled envelopes filled with wee tiny samples arrive at my doorstep! Today I will be doing my Ipsy unbagging. For those that may be unfamiliar with Ipsy, it’s a beauty bag subscription that costs $10 a month and everyone receieves 4-5 deluxe sample and/or full sized products based on their beauty profile. I’ve been subscribed to Ipsy for a little over 2 years now, but I did take a 3 month break.
This month the theme was swimming and being poolside, hence the cute snorkeling pig in my photo.
The bag this month is black with a neon orange zipper, and the material feels like a waterproof almost bathing suit like material. I actually like this bag, and it’s small enough to keep in my diaper bag and the material would be nice to put a little bathing suit in if I take my daughters to a splash pad.
1. Tre’StiQue Mini Shadow Crayon “Kona Coffee” I was a bit confused when I pulled this out because the lid actually looks like a pencil top. I thought I was sent an opened product, but it turns out it was only the lid. This little eyeshadow crayon claims to be long lasting and creamy, and based on my swatch (will show at the end of the post) this little crayon is very smooth and creamy indeed. I’m happy that I got the dark brown color because I know I will use it, probably to smudge out my lash line on days that I want a day time smokey eye.
2. J. Cat Beauty Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain “Hikilicious” This is a full sized lip product, and I believe it is actually a new release by J. Cat. I will admit that when I saw “lip stain” my first thought was “bleh” because I don’t normally wear lip stains. If I’m not wearing something opaque on my lips there’s nothing on my lips at all. However, this product is EXTREMELY pigmented and hydrating. So far, I’m in love with it. I hope that J. Cat comes out with more colors because this formula is fantastic.
3. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer This is a deluxe sample size, and I will be honest I will not use this. I’ve sampled this before and it made my foundation look horrendous. It has that weird silicone feeling, and silicone based primers do not work at all on my skin. It looks like I applied my makeup with a stick of butter after a few hours. I’ll probably be passing this one on to someone else.
4. It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil This sample is one that I was really happy to get this month! I’ve been wanting to try out more things by It Cosmetics for awhile, and this brow pencil looks pretty neat. It comes with two sides, one being a spoolie, which is awesome. The tip of the pencil is not sharp, it’s actually oval shaped which is supposed to give a more “natural” look to the brow. I’m pretty loyal to my pomades, but I will be trying this one out. I’m a bit of a brow product junkie.
5. LaVanilla Laboratories Pure Vanilla Body Butter This is a pretty good sized sample, and it smells incredible. I put this on my hands and it smelled like I was burped on by a glorious bouquet of vanilla cookies. I prefer body butters over lotions because I find them to be more hydrating on me. Even if this wasn’t hydrating, the smell alone is intoxicating. I have a weird thing for vanilla to begin with…
That’s everything I got in my Ipsy Bag this month! I am excited about 4/5 things this month, which is pretty good in terms of beauty subscriptions.
Do you get Ipsy? What did you get?
I hope you all enjoyed this post, and I will see everyone next time with some more fun things! I still have my Lip Monthly bag to review this month, and I have some tips and tricks posts that I will be doing over the next few weeks.
Have a great day, lovelies.
Stalk and Talk to me: