Ah, February, that time of the year with that one holiday where some people gag from an overload of love and others gag watching it unfold. There’s always makeup though, right?
If you’re new to my blog, I have been subscribed to Ipsy for a little over 2 years now. They’re a monthly beauty subscription service that costs $10 per month, and they send out 4-5 full sized or deluxe sample sized beauty related items. These can be makeup, skincare, and even hair care items.
First off, I am head over heels in love with the bag this month. It’s my favorite yet. Usually, I kinda forget about my bags or just use them as toddler snack holders, but this one will actually be used for lipsticks in my purse. It’s just too cute.
Okay, now on to what I actually received this month.
1. Luxie Beauty small tapered brush– I was SO HAPPY to see this in my glam room sneak peak. I ordered the bigger Luxie blending brush awhile back thanks to an Ipsy deal, and it’s one of my most used eye brushes. These brushes are cruelty free, and the pink handles speak to my girly side. I highly recommend these brushes. I’ve already used this one several times, and it’s love at first stroke. This works really well if you’re wanting to put a darker shade more concentrated in the crease…which is something I do constantly.
2. Smashbox Primer Oil– This is another sample I was happy to see in my bag this month. I’ve seen several mention this product already on Youtube and Instagram, but I don’t always like the thought of dropping a lot of money on a hyped up product. This sample size isn’t very big, but I can make it work for a few foundation applications. I have incredibly dry skin, so I’m hoping that this primer oil will be perfect for me. I’ll probably be updating you all on this in a later post or video,
3. Seraphine Botanicals Carrot + Rose Moisturizer– I’ll be honest, I think carrots and roses sound like an odd scent combination. However, I love trying out new moisturizers, and this one is vegan and works on the face and body. I’ve been wanting to find a more organic and cruelty free facial moisturizer, and now I can try one without spending $50. Let’s be real, skincare can get really expensive. I don’t mind skincare samples at all.
4. Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment– This product was a full size I believe, and I love eyeshadows! This shadow is pretty neat and has a super long ingredient list of 3 things. This is supposed to be a non-allergenic pigment. I will say that when I opened this pigment up it was very finely milled, almost too finely milled. It was pretty messy. However, the shade is really pretty. I received the shade Sierra Nevada 2 which is a light champagne type of shade. I don’t know how great this would do alone, but I do feel this is going to look stunning over other shades this Spring and Summer.
5. Chella Lipstick Pencil in Passionate Pink– Right off the bat, I don’t like pink lipstick. There are very few shades of pink I will wear. I do think this pink shade leans more towards the orange side, which definitely means I won’t wear it. This lip pencil is pretty though and did swatch smoothly and has a nice pigment to it. I just don’t foresee myself using it. I do think my mom will like this shade, so I’ll probably gift it to her.
Overall thoughts– I am happy happy with mostly everything I received this month! The only thing I feel “meh” about is the lip pencil, but I understand that Ipsy put in there in the spirit of Valentine’s Day this month. I’m already in love with the brush, and I am itching to try the primer oil and eye pigment.
If you’re not subscribed to Ipsy, I do have a referral code. Of course, don’t click on it if you don’t want me to get points for it. Sign up here: https://www.ipsy.com/new?refer=1qkf
If you are subscribed to Ipsy, I would love to hear about what you got in the comments section!
As always, thanks for dropping by, and I hope you’re all having wonderful days!
Stalk and talk to me: