As the year 2014 draws to a close, I will admit that I am not a “resolutions” type of person. I know that sounds cliche, but I like to set small goals for myself throughout the year instead of one big thing. So, I wanted to share a few of my goals for the year 2015, and I would love to hear some of yours if you have any.
1. Somehow plan a wonderful birthday party for both of my daughters…at the same time. Jeremy and I are not so great at planning conception and now we have one daughter born on June 20 and the other on June 28th. I’m already scared.
2. Continue to expand my blog and youtube channel. I know that sometimes bloggers will have one or the other, but I really enjoy having both. I love typing and taking pictures just as much as I do sitting in front of a camera and recording a video.
3. I would love to do collaborations and swaps with people in the year 2015. I have some nifty ideas, but I have never known how to go about asking “hey, wanna collab?” because I still view myself as a small time blogger.
With that being said, if you would like to collaborate with me for a makeup look or be my pen pal (I promise to include the finest toddler artistry and cute presents) then please let me know.
4. I need to try and get a grip on my postpartum depression and anxiety. It’s not something I talk about often, but I’ve struggled with depression since my teens, but for some reason I can’t get a grip on some things after having Piper. I’m not blaming her at all, there’s just something up and it may be time for me to finally admit that this isn’t something I can handle alone any longer.
5. And for the cliche goal, I would like to lose 10 more lbs. In my defense, I did have a baby 6 months ago. I’ve been holding on to those last few lbs for dear life though, and they need to move along. I’ve never been very thin nor “plus size” (hate that term, another day another rant) and I like it that way, honestly. I like being in the bland average range, despite how hard it is to find clothing that fits properly.
Those are a few of my goals for the year 2015, what are some of yours?