I don’t think I have done an empties post in several months. I always forget to hold on to my trash.
I want to start doing them again, so if you want to go through my classy trash basket with me…keep reading.
I don’t have a super huge amount of trash this month since I have been trying out so many new things (my face is screaming at me to stop) but I do have several things to share.
1. Bed Head Rockaholic Dry Shampoo– This little puppy retails at $18, but I find that it’s on sale often at Ulta, and even on Zulily at times for $7.99 (like I would pay $18 ever). It’s my favorite dry shampoo that I have tried thus far. I know I posted about the Pssst dry shampoo, but I like the scent of the Bed Head one more. It has a nice orange scent and doesn’t leave white residue behind in my raven colored hair. I was afraid to finish it, but I just bought 2 more bottles of it at Ulta since the hair gods rained their blessings on me and I found 2 pink bottles of this dry shampoo for 97 cents each. Yep, you read that right. It was a great day.
2. Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips– I honestly go through these fairly often. I use pore strips on my nose probably once a week, and I typically use one on my chin once a week as well. I get really bad blackheads on my chin and nose, and these seem to help. I know some complain about the tugging and whatnot, but they have always worked for me. I feel like I have been using this brand of pore strips since I was in high school. My mom is to blame for my weird fascination with getting rid of blackheads.
3. Biore Self Heating One Minute Masks– I bought these awhile back out of pure curiosity. You’re supposed to rub this mask in circular motions on your face for 1 minute as it heats up and deep cleanses your pores. It heats up, alright. I honestly did not like the warmth in this mask. I felt like I was burning my face. However, it did leave my face feeling nice and clean. I finally used all of these up though. I will probably not repurchase these…ever. Sorry, Biore, I can’t take the heat.
I used up some makeup items! *does the beauty blogger dance*
4. Tarte “Lights, Camera, Lashes” Mascara– This mascara wasn’t as used up as it was dried out. Sadly, that happens to most mascaras it seems. I do like the formula of this mascara. It’s (well, before it dried out) a wet formula and actually gave my wimpy lashes nice length without it being clumpy. I may repurchase this one, I haven’t decided yet.
5. Elf Hydrating Under Eye Primer– this is a holy grail product for me. If I could have opened up this tube and scraped product out, I would have. It’s amazing! It’s hydrating and helps my concealer stay in place without creasing…it’s also $3. One of my absolute favorite beauty discoveries of 2014, and I always recommend this to anyone that looks like a Tim Burton character and wears a lot of concealer *raises hand.* I have already repurchased this, I can’t live without it.
6. Nyx HD concealers in “lavender” and “porcelain”– I go through these concealers very often. They’re my go-to concealers and this will probably not be the last time you see these in an empties post. I try out new concealers often, but I always reach for these. I’m so fair that I have to mix both to get a nice shade that conceals and brightens my under eye area, but at $5 each it’s okay. I will say that I feel these do not last very long, and that’s probably due to the packaging. I literally scrape product out of these and get every last drop out that I can. These two have just had enough, and are not on their journey to makeup heaven.
7. Olay fresh makeup remover wipes– I got these in my last Walmart beauty box. I love makeup wipes, so I was excited to try these out. Sadly, these disappointed me. They’re okay, but not the best I have ever tried. I felt like they didn’t remove a lot of makeup and I had to spend extra time washing my face afterwards. Definetely not something I will purchase on my own.
8. Neutrogena makeup remover wipes– these are my all time favorite remover wipes. I wish they weren’t on the pricier side ($6-8) but they’re worth it to me. They help me cut down on my skin care routine time, and when you have 2 kids that is actually a big deal. The sooner I can get my face cleaned off, the sooner I can sit down and read for a few minutes or whatever else. I will probably always go back to these and always repurchase them.
Welp, those were my empties for the month. Now I can throw them away and my boyfriend can stop giving my trash basket weird looks! 😀