It’s obviously beauty subscription unbagging week. Also known as one of my favorite weeks of the month. I unbagged everything from my November Lip Monthly bag a few days ago, so today we’re going to take a peak into my November Ipsy bag.
If you’re unfamiliar with Ipsy, they’re a beauty subscription that arrives monthly and costs $10 a month. They typically send out 4-5 deluxe sample sized items or full sized items. I’ve been subscribed to them for a little over 2 years now.
If you follow my blog, you probably already know that the past few months have been weird for me regarding Ipsy bags. Two months ago my bag was stolen out of my mailbox, and last month an item was missing. I’m happy to say that this month the curse is broken and everything arrived safe and sound. Good thing, because this month looks really promising!
First off, I’m dying over the bag. It’s my personal favorite bag so far, design wise. I love galaxy printed anything and everything. I’m a bit of a space junkie, which is something I don’t think I’ve mentioned often on here or anywhere.
Anyway, I received five items in my bag and this is what they were:
1. Benefit Gimme Brow (Sample Size) I was pretty happy to see this in my glam room. I’ve always been curious about it, but I don’t enjoy spending a ton of money on brow products because my brows just don’t respond well to many products. So, having a sample size will be nice! Gimme Brow is a cult favorite as it’s supposed to have little fibers in it that cling to your brow hairs, making them look more voluminous. Not gonna lie, that’s something I need. I do not have full brows, and I never have.
2. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara (Deluxe Sample) It’s rare that I get two high end samples in Ipsy bags, so that in itself is pretty exciting. I have never personally tried this mascara, but with many mascaras I see a lot of either love or absolute loathe regarding it. I do love trying out new mascaras though! I will admit I have a lot of these little mini samples stashed away at the moment that I need to try out, so if you all want me to start reviewing these as I start running out of mascara (because I hate having a million tubes open, personally) then just let me know!
3. Inspr Beauty Angled Brush Honestly, I love getting brushes in my Ipsy bags. It means one less brush for me to but, and I have received some pretty awesome brushes from Ipsy! My elf brow angled brush has seen better days, and I was just thinking about how I needed a fresh one. Well, now I have one. I can’t wait to see if this is as great as my elf angled brush!
4. LeAnni Ecco Go Away Gloomy Day Serum I have neither received anything from this brand, nor have I even heard of them before this month’s bag. However, I love facial serums. I have a really dry skin type, and this time of the year I go through so many moisturizers and serums. I mean, if this serum will cheer me up I will totally try it out. This was a pretty gracious sample size for a serum, and will probably last awhile.
5. Beaute Basics Sahara Gold Chubby Eye Pencil This product is reminiscent of my favorite Nyx jumbo pencils. I love chubby eye pencils because they work great alone, as a primer, or in the water line. This gold shade is really pretty, and perfect for this time of the year with the holiday season approaching.
Overall thoughts: I am pleasantly surprised with this bag. I feel that Ipsy has upped their game, and I’m sure their new survey and quiz system has something to do with that. I feel like I get less things that go completely unused to more things that I will at least try. I felt there was a good mix this month with high end samples, seasonal trending shades, and a tool that I will actually use regularly.
If there is anything in this bag that you would want to see a separate review on, please let me know! Also, tell me about what you got in your bag if you want!
As always, thanks for reading, and I hope you all enjoyed this short and sweet little unbagging!
Stalk and talk to me:
10 thoughts on “November Ipsy Bag”
I love the Smashbox mascara. It gives good length and volume and separates nicely but also has just a bit of clump (which I personally like). I hope you enjoy it 🙂
I like clump 🙂 my lashes are so stumpy that a bit of clump makes them look interesting lol
You received a great assortment of products this month! I also got the mascara and am always up for high-end mascara samples. The gold eye pencil is awesome. I got a gold eye shadow instead but I like it. Thanks for sharing your bag!
I got the Smashbox mascara, too. That was my favorite item in this bag. I’m definitely jealous that you got the Gimme Brow… I’ve been thinking of canceling my subscription. It just seems like the products I get aren’t very high end a lot of the time….Thanks for sharing.
The mascara sounds really good – I’m looking for a good mascara at the moment so that’s useful for me! – Tasha
I’m always on the lookout for a good mascara! I can’t wait to try this one out myself 🙂
I agree, and I actually cancelled my Ipsy bag for a few months last year and came back to it because it seems they have gotten a lot better. Do you review your products every bag? I’ve found that has helped me get better bags and more higher end samples!
I love high end mascara samples! I have like 3 too faced ones stashed away that I need to use lol. I love how the gold eye pencil isn’t too gold but is still really gorgeous!
You know, I used to, but then I got enough points to get a free thing. They never sent it to me, so I just stopped reviewing things half out of frustration and half out of laziness.
It does look good!